Friday, May 2, 2008

Another Brick Square Foot Bed

Well I got the second raised bed made. We didn't make it outside until a little after noon and had to come in around 3:30 because of the rain. I dug up the sod and leveled the area, then put down cardboard and hauled the bricks over to stack. I didn't do the leveling for my first brick bed and the difference is remarkable, though it doesn't look that much different in the photo. I used the sod and the soil I dug up to fill some holes created from pulling huge chunks of concrete out of the middle of the yard.

Both beds (new one is still empty)


Closer View of Bed #2


Where The Rock Garden Will Be



And Photos of All of the Growing Seedlings Taken Today 5-2-08

Scallions


Purple Basil


Roma Tomatoes


Green Goliath Broccoli


6 Jack 'O Lantern Pumpkins!


3 Triple Treat Pumpkins


3 of the 6 Spaghetti Squash


Butterbush Squash


3 Giant Moonflowers


Oregano


And the Italian Parsley Has Finally Sprouted!


I just wish the tomatoes and broccoli I planted in the little trays would have sprouted. The ones in the pots were just some of the extra seeds I let the boys plant (which is why there are so many in each pot!) and I'm not even sure how to thin them?! Oh well.

No comments: