Friday, May 30, 2008

Working My Butt Off

Boy, have I ever! This past week I have been so busy that I haven't come inside to sit down until nine o'clock every night. That meant no time to post. So now that Friday is here and I have almost everything I wanted to get done accomplished I can sit and post an update. If it isn't raining like crazy tomorrow I'll get pictures.

Wednesday I helped Grammy and Poppy till and plant their garden. We planted lima beans, radishes, turnips, three varieties of spinach, three varieties of lettuce, carrots, garlic, scallions, um....I think I'm forgetting some things but my brain is fried so we'll just leave the list there. I also weeded some flower beds and planted Poppy's dahlias.

Thursday afternoon I helped Mom haul four loads of topsoil, haul four loads of compost (seaweed from the lake....this stuff is beautiful!), till it all in, and plant the following: tomatoes, pole beans, cucumbers, onion sets, carrots, and snow peas.

Today we went to Mom's again. We tilled a new garden area and planted the following: watermelon, Minnesota midget melons, more cucumbers, Jack 'O lanterns, triple treat pumpkins, spaghetti squash, acorn squash, buttercup squash, zuchinni, crookneck yellow squash, ornamental corn (3 varieties), a few types of lettuce, a few types of spinach, and more tomatoes. Then we planted some flower bulbs my dad bought her for Mother's Day and some perennials he brought home that someone from work sent for Mom.

And then.....I came home and finshed filling my two 4x4 square foot boxes and planted the following: chives, borage, broccoli raab, oregano, broccoli, cucumbers, better boy tomatoes, early girl tomatoes, basil, dwarf grey snow peas, strawberry spinach, romaine, salad bowl lettuce, and mesclun.

Now it is time to rest a while and catch up on e-mail, laundry, and tv shows I've missed (Lost, anyone?)

No comments: