Saturday, April 26, 2008

Garden Plans

I guess it would be a good idea to post exactly what I plan to plant this year. Notes on what is already planted, what seedlings have been started, and the dates the seedlings emerge would be really helpful to have as the season progresses.

On Monday, April 21 I started the following seeds:
Green Goliath Broccoli
Roma Tomatoes
Jack 'O Lantern Pumpkins
Triple Treat Pumpkins
Evergreen Long White Bunching Onions (Scallions)
Spaghetti Squash (winter squash)
Butterbush Squash (winter squash)
Sweet Basil
Dark Opal Purple Basil
Oregano
Italian Parsley
Cupid's Dart Blue Perennial Flowers

On Friday, April 25 I planted the following seeds in the first brick 5' x 3' square foot bed:
5 squares of Super Snappy Snap Peas
2 1/2 squares of Avon Hybrid Spinach
2 1/2 squares of Teton Hybrid Spinach
5 squares of Bibb Lettuce

I still need to plant:
strawberries (two of those hanging bags of them, I hope to get this done tomorrow)
cucumbers
Little Finger Carrots
Kentucky Wonder Pole Beans
Mesclun
Potatoes (possibly, just to experiment since I've never grown them before)
Cauliflower (might have to plant at Mom's)
Watermelon (will plant at Mom's)
Lavendar
Dill
Spearmint (in a pot!)
Peppermint (in a pot!)

No comments: